Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weekly Volunteer Update

Dear sweet and wonderful volunteers and fosters,

I hope all is well with you and yours. I’m so thrilled to keep meeting all of you!

Things are picking up here- I will be hosting my first volunteer orientation Friday at the office, and if you have any feedback at all that you’d like to give me, I’m all ears! Saturday, Samantha and I will be heading over to BACS to have Hopalong’s first kitten foster information session.  Kitten season is just about here- if you’re not in touch with Samantha yet about fostering this is a great time to let her know you’re ready. If you’ve never thought about fostering kittens, this is also a good time to do so! She can be reached at Samantha@hopalong.org

The other big thing going on right now is Farley’s, pictured at left. Thanks to awesome volunteer Mari, Farley’s, a café in downtown Oakland has generously donated their window space to us for April. Juliet and Mari decorated the window early this week with pictures of adoptable animals, Hopalong info, etc. This is a majorly awesome opportunity: Farley’s is a high traffic spot! We have two openings for volunteers: THIS FRIDAY NIGHT (April 5) is First Friday in Oakland and we need at least one person to join Mari in tabling. Next THURSDAY, APRIL 11, Farley’s is hosting happy hour, and proceeds will go to Hopalong! We will be having a mobile there, and also need volunteers for tabling. Please let me know if you are available to help with this, any time after 4PM (can be later).

I've put these and some other volunteer opportunities up on the brand spanking new blog http://hopalongvolunteers.blogspot.com/p/current-opportunities.html. Don’t forget to check this and log your hours! http://www.hopalong.org/?page_id=2896
Feel free to contact me any time, for any reason. And thank you again!