Friday, January 31, 2014

Tuesday Update from Hopalong

Hi All,

I'm so sorry I missed last Wednesday- I don't know if you missed me, but I did miss you! I was out last week teaching at the East Oakland Youth Development Center with some volunteers and Rollie (my dog). It was a really wonderful experience and we are working on forming an ongoing partnership with the center and the youth there. The students had all kinds of questions and insights into the animals in their community and are going to be wonderful ambassadors for humane treatment of other people, animals and the environment. (Sorry, no pictures, we were all too engaged! Hopefully next time!)

I've just posted a link with LOTS of opportunities for helping out all over the place and all the time. Some of them are quite time sensitive, so do take a look at these if you have a moment. 

A quick thank you to Rob who has been jumping in with "yes" pretty much whenever we ask if he's free to drive and Whitney who raised her hands to foster sweet kitties Zoli and Oola.

Apologies for the picture-free email- I'm at home today and am not smart enough to insert images into the home email set-up. Next time!


Best,