Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Dear all,

This week (April 6-12) is Volunteer Appreciation Week! At Hopalong we want to thank every single one of you (and your families who support you supporting us) for everything you do: opening your home to homeless animals, putting animals on the web, cleaning cages and puppy pee, cuddling cats, handling animals at mobile adoptions, screening adopters, driving, driving and more driving, data entry, making phone calls, making promotional emails and all of the other really important things that I’m unintentionally forgetting! Thank you for making this rescue a success, from staff AND from the animals!

Speaking of staff, we have another new addition- long-time volunteer Jill Oana has joined the team as the Development and Partnerships Director! I’m a little chuffed about this because Jill attended one of the very first volunteer orientations that I ran- I guess that worked out okay! Come say “hi” and introduce yourself if you haven’t met her already- she’s sitting up by the front desk. Here’s what she has to say:

Greetings.  For those of you that I haven't met yet, it's an honor to work with you and the rest of the amazing team at Hopalong Animal Rescue.  I started volunteering at Hopalong a year ago and couldn't get enough so now it's time for me to dedicate all of my time to developing partnerships and new ways to generate funding on behalf of our cherished four-legged animals in need.

Currently, my four-legged daughter is Sheba, we rescued her a couple of years ago and she keeps me quite busy.  In addition to adoring animals, I love bright colors, beaches, pizza, chocolate, movies, historic novels & pondering time travel.  In my previous life, I focused on partnerships, marketing, & business development for startups and global companies and I'm thrilled to make the transition to Hopalong.


The rest of the news isn’t so exciting: I’ve got some creative opportunities on the blog if you’re in the mood for something different! And get ready for May, because we’ve got lots and lots of fun stuff in store!


Best,