Friday, April 4, 2014

Welcome, Ashley!

Hi everyone! 

Thank goodness it's not REALLY Wednesday, but I wanted to send everyone a quick email, even though it's late. I have the pleasure of introducing Ashley Davidson, our new Feline Program Manager to you. We're really lucky to have her- I've known her for years and she's pretty rad. Hopefully you'll all get to meet her on your next time in the office- you're pretty rad, too, and she's hearing all about you! Not surprisingly, you can email her at ashley@hopalong.org.

Here's what she says:

I wanted to introduce myself to all the awesome fosters and volunteers at Hopalong and to thank you for all that you do for the organization. My name is Ashley and I’m the new Feline Program Manager. I have worked with animals since 2000, volunteering at various animal shelters. I started working in the animal welfare nonprofit in 2011, caring for neonatal kittens, dogs, and cats, and helping with spay neuter clinics. I am very passionate about animal welfare and animal rights! I am vegan and I love to cook and bake healthy things, make smoothies and fresh juices, etc. I love to go camping, go on hikes, and be in nature whenever I can. I also enjoy antiquing and bike riding. I have 2 cats (Old Man and Bat Boy who are siblings and boss me around whenever they can) that are going to be 5 this month.  I fostered them when they were kittens, from a municipal shelter, because their mother was not caring for them and as a result they were not thriving. I fell in love with them, brought them back to health, and could not resist adopting them. I am very excited to work for this wonderful organization and I look forward to meeting all of you!

Thanks everyone, and back to regularly scheduled Wednesday emails, I hope, next week!

Best,