Monday, August 4, 2014

New Office System!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're all having a great summer!

If you've been in the office lately, you might have noticed that I turned it into a total and complete mess. It's now back to a little bit less of a mess, but it's also rearranged (Thank you, William!). This is because we devised a new system to hopefully streamline volunteering and make it more fun for everyone! If you're scheduled for office-y stuff or inclined to start doing so (let me know!), check this out and next time you come in, try it out! (If you also do animal care, the procedure will be the same as it always was for animal care, but follow this for office work!)

My desk is now in the back room. Follow the paw prints to me on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Say hi! Even when I'm not here, say hi to everyone, and still follow the paw prints to my desk. A red binder now lives on my desk. 

There are three tabs: To Do, Instructions and Supplies.
  1. To Do:
    1. There is an "anytime" page- these are things that basically always need done. Take a look around and if any of these need doing AND seem like something you like doing, go for it!
    2. The next page is a To Do for the current week. These are timely things that need doing. Take a look and if any aren't crossed out AND seem like something you like doing, go for it! Each of these tasks has a "who to ask" column- please feel free to ask anyone , but specific people are also listed. We don't bite!
  2. Instructions: Every task has a page with instructions. What to do, where to look and any detailed instructions you might need. I know there are a lot of weird things around here (including the staff!), and it's hard to remember it all. If you forget, check here!
  3. Supplies: Everything (almost) is now organized and labeled. But if you're looking for something and no one is around to ask, or you don't feel like asking or you like to admire my handiwork, check out this list!
I can't wait to see you all, and please feel free to tell me what is and isn't working about this system- it's very much a work in progress, and it's supposed to work for everyone. I love feedback- so feedback away!

Thanks for all of your help, guys!

Lauren